1st Masterclass in Psychopharmacology
Date & Timing
08:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Speaker Name and Credentials
| Depression: The clinical use of Anti-depressants
|| Prof. Peter Talbot (UK)
| Treatment Resistant Depression
|| Prof. Hamish McAllister-Williams (UK)
| Pregablin and Gababentin: Use and Abuse
|| Eilish Gilvarry (UK)
| Pharmacotherapy in ADHD
|| Dr. James Kustow (UK)
| Updates in Pharmacological treatment of Schizophrenia
|| Prof. Peter Haddad (UK)
| Treatment of Bipolar Episodes
|| Nicol Ferrier (UK)
| Treatment Resistant Psychosis
|| Fiona Gaughran (UK)
| Prophylaxis and Long term treatment of Bipolar Disorder
|| Hamish McAllister-Williams (UK)
Accreditation Body and Time
DOH - 11.5
DHA - 9.75
- Identify rational, evidence-based pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies for patients with unipolar, bipolar, treatment-resistant, and post-partum depression.
- Assess obstacles to the maintenance of long-term recovery and the liability issues associated with psychopharmacology.
- Discuss diagnostic and evidenced-based treatment strategies for pediatric-onset mood disorders.
- Compare the neurobiology and evidence-based treatment approaches to addiction, anxiety, schizophrenia, and mood disorders.
- Review the course and treatment of psychiatric disorders during pregnancy.
- Recognize psychosocial issues and evidence-based treatment modalities for eating and sleep disorders.
- Analyze drug interactions and the pharmacotherapy of adult ADHD and geriatric disorders.